Senior Project Coordinator
Nature of Position: Full Time
Start Date: Q1 2019
Compensation: Based on Experience
Hungerford Properties is a fast-growing real estate investment, management and development company with millions of square feet of industrial, office, retail and residential properties in Western Canada. Our mission is to create value for investors, help business owners grow their companies, and build better neighborhoods for all, through the astute investment, management and development of real estate. We are an established and expanding team with an impressive track record and proud history. We bring sophisticated investment tools to the Western Canadian market and build award-winning developments. For more than three decades, we have followed a simple strategy: buy well and add value through proactively investing, developing and managing commercial and residential projects. Our company is driven by five Core Values: Ambition, Diligence, Creativity, Relationships and Community, and the people we hire should be completely aligned with these values. As underlined by our values, we set high expectations for ourselves and for our people; all staff are expected to know, understand and deliver on our standards.
The Candidate and Responsibilities
The Senior Project Coordinator position is based out of Vancouver.
Applicants for this position will be self- motivated individuals with a high degree of initiative and will possess strong interpersonal skills, be attentive to detail, and able to build trusting relationships while developing their technical Development/Construction skills. The candidate will report to the Director of Construction. The candidate will work closely with one Project Manager, though this is not an exclusive relationship and the candidate can expect to work in conjunction with the whole Development team to assist as and when required.
The Senior Project Coordinator will be active in the following primary responsibilities both in an individual and team setting:
- Assist the Director of Construction with construction delivery on behalf of HP and collaborate closely with the Project Manager and the General Contractor
- Collaborate with internal Acquisitions, Financing, Accounting, Construction, Sales and Marketing teams throughout the development cycle
- Collaborate in setting up internal project schedules and follow up according to deliverables/deadlines
- Solve design, coordination and technical problems and keep the Project Management Team updated on the progress of action items
- Coordinate the Project Tendering process and evaluate bids and make recommendations on contract award
- Analyze quotations received and compare with market rates to ensure competitive costing
- Review and track Change Orders, Site Instructions and Shop Drawings, track and manage consultant correspondence on the above matters before distributing approvals to the General Contractor
- Take part and represent Hungerford Properties in onsite construction meetings
- Process buyer requests for unit customizations and ensure the work is performed by the General Contractor in a timely manner
- Review schedule updates and progress invoices with the Project Manager on a monthly basis; review construction draw requests
- Track the status of outstanding letters of credit and other project completion deposits; coordinate municipal inspections to facilitate the recovery of these funds
- Liaise with the Asset Management team to ensure all necessary insurance policies are in place
- Liaise with the Leasing team and provide appropriate information for deals under negotiation; includes Landlord Work and turnkey unit customizations; manage third-party consultants/ contractors in the completion of Landlord Work for Tenant Improvements
- Adhere to the “Hway” (Hungerford Properties processes) and contribute to the continual improvement of this process
The Candidate will also be someone who is completely aligned with Hungerford Property Core Values.
- Relevant post-secondary education such as Architecture, Engineering, Project Management, Construction, Building Science.
- Three to five years’ experience in the property development and/or construction industry, (estimating background is considered an asset)
- Exposure to different construction contract types (e.g. Fixed Price, CM & Design Build) is considered an asset
- The applicant must have strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, Bluebeam and familiarity with internet-based research
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with a team-oriented mindset are key components of this position
- Travel to project sites throughout Western Canada.
- Self-motivated and possesses a high level of professionalism
- The ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail.
- Ability to display a high level of professionalism at all times and possess the ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy and completeness.
- Excellent product quality and attention to detail.
Please send your resume, in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Senior Project Coordinator” in the subject. We thank all applicants in advance but only those qualified may be contacted.