Hungerford Properties is a fast-growing real estate investment, management and development company with millions of square feet of industrial, office, retail and residential properties in Western Canada. Our mission is to create value for investors, help business owners grow their companies, and build better neighborhoods for all, through the astute investment, management and development of real estate. We are an established and expanding team with an impressive track record and proud history. We bring sophisticated investment tools to the Western Canadian market and build award-winning developments. For more than three decades, we have followed a simple strategy: buy well and add value through proactively investing, developing and managing commercial and residential projects. Our company is driven by five Core Values: Ambition, Diligence, Creativity, Relationships and Community, and the people we hire should be completely aligned with these values. As underlined by our values, we set high expectations for ourselves and for our people; all staff are expected to know, understand and deliver on our standards.
The Candidate and Responsibilities
The Finance Analyst position is based out of Vancouver.
Applicants for this position will be self- motivated individuals with a high degree of initiative and will possess strong interpersonal skills, be attentive to detail, and able to build trusting relationships. The candidate will report directly to the Head of Finance and work in conjunction with Asset Management, Acquisitions, Accounting and Financial Reporting Departments.
The Finance Analyst will be active in the following primary responsibilities both in an individual and team setting:
- Perform financial analysis, modeling and calculations of key financial metrics on a diversified and growing portfolio and asset level.
- Prepare financing packages for lenders.
- Conduct sensitivity analyses and scenario analyses.
- Deliver in a timely manner internal and external reporting related to asset, portfolio performance, leverage levels, capital requirements, and compliance on a quarterly basis or as required.
- Manage relations with appraisers, lenders, and external consultants to close on various acquisition and construction financing's and refinancing’s.
- Calculate and monitor the portfolio and property-level metrics to ensure compliance with fund investment restrictions.
- Identify proactively risks at a property and portfolio level.
- Develop and implement appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Involve in strategic projects in collaboration with the Acquisitions, Asset Management and Accounting department.
- Prepare internal and external debt reporting packages.
- Process creation & improvement.
- Other responsibilities as required.
The Candidate will also be someone who is completely aligned with Hungerford Property Core Values.
- Commerce degree with a focus on finance and accounting and/or a MBA;
- A professional designation or working toward one (CA, CPA, CFA);
- 1 - 2+ year’s relevant experience in either investment banking, mezzanine lending, private equity, corporate finance or public accounting practice;
- Relevant experience in deal structuring specifically in real estate construction, development or investment would be considered an asset;
- Strong understanding of financial statements analysis and various real estate valuation methodologies such as DCF and Direct Capitalization;
- Strong Excel and financial modelling abilities required.
- Ability to take ownership and initiatives
- Process and results oriented
- Keen to work in a dynamic team-oriented and entrepreneurial environment
- Self-motivated and possesses a high level of professionalism
- Strong computer skills including Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail
We thank all applicants for their interest.