Senior Vice President of Development
Nature of Position: Full Time
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Based on Experience
Hungerford Properties is a fast-growing real estate investment, management and development company with millions of square feet of industrial, office, retail and residential properties in Western Canada. Our mission is to create value for investors, help business owners grow their companies, and build better neighbourhoods for all, through the astute investment, management and development of real estate. We are an established and expanding team with an impressive track record and proud history. We bring sophisticated investment tools to the Canadian market and build award-winning developments. For more than three decades, we have followed a simple strategy: buy well and add value through proactively investing, developing and managing commercial and residential projects. Our company is driven by five Core Values: Ambition, Diligence, Creativity, Relationships and Community, and the people we hire should be completely aligned with these values. As underlined by our values, we set high expectations for ourselves and for our people; all staff are expected to know, understand and deliver on our standards.
The Candidate and Responsibilities
The Senior Vice President of Development position is based out of Vancouver.
Applicants for this position will be self- motivated individuals with a high degree of initiative and will possess strong interpersonal skills, be attentive to detail, and able to build trusting relationships. The candidate will report directly to the Partners and work in conjunction with all departments.
The Senior Vice President of Development will be active in the following primary responsibilities both in an individual and senior management team setting:
▪ Play a leading role in defining and delivering company vision, mission, and values across the organization
▪ Lead growth initiatives across the organization and ensure organization platform capabilities
▪ Provide long-range strategic direction execution of the business, departmental(s) and corporate plans on a long-term basis
▪ A true champion in leading processes, rethinking them
▪ Train Hungerford Properties people on Corporate and Development related topics
▪ Ensure a high level of engagement of all teams with direct or indirect interactions
▪ Is recognized as an influential leader in Development within and outside the organization
▪ Set vision and direction through resource allocation decisions (role, responsibilities, capacity, organization, prioritization) for the Development Department
▪ Ensure performance is measured through accurate company metrics
▪ Accountable for process efficiency for the Development Department
▪ Attract and select diverse and high caliber talent for the Development Department and the Company
▪ Ongoing People Performance Management and People Career Development
▪ Departments management according to the “HWay” in term of reporting, management tools
▪ Provide expertise and guidance related to all development projects on a range of property types (industrial, office, residential and retail) all across Canada
▪ Provide expertise and guidance related to acquisitions process, budget planning and more generally to the senior management team regarding micro and macroeconomic insights in term of Development opportunities (cost, risk, profitability, timeline, scope)
▪ Drive company-wide and development metrics provide accurate reporting and analysis.
▪ Ensure Development, Planning and Construction teams’ interface efficiently
▪ Ensure development projects meet the asset management plan
▪ Frequent travels in Canada required
▪ Other responsibilities as required
Knowledge, Credentials and required experience
▪ Has wide-ranging and in-depth experience in property development environment and expertise in the development process of residential multifamily, industrial, office, retail, and/or mixed-use projects
▪ In-depth knowledge and experience of North American Real Estate industry, business strategies, company’s goals as well as external factors affecting the governance of company activities
▪ Local market knowledge, passionate about real estate development, planning, and construction with the track record of implementation and development of best practices.
▪ A recognized expert in the Real Estate industry
▪ Relevant post-secondary education such as Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Commerce with concentration in Real Estate or Urban Land Economics, Master’s degree, MBA or equivalent experience
▪ Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior management position in an institutional developer with a minimum of 5-years’ experience in leading large and mature team.
▪ Proven experience in leading large size, multi-levels, interdisciplinary and mature teams
▪ If necessary, the ability to perform financial modeling, risk assessment
▪ Results oriented, process minded, accountable and inspirational leader
▪ Proved record to build-up and develop high-performance team
▪ Self-motivated and possesses a high level of professionalism
▪ Strong computer skills including Word & Excel
▪ Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively in an individual setting
▪ Excellent work ethic and attention to detail
▪ A car is required to facilitate responsibilities
Please send your resume, in Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Senior Vice President Development” “in the subject line. We thank all applicants in advance but only those qualified may be contacted.