Hungerford Properties is a fast-growing real estate investment, management and development company with millions of square feet of industrial, office, retail and residential properties in Western Canada. Our mission is to create value for investors, help business owners grow their companies, and build better neighbourhoods for all, through the astute investment, management and development of real estate. We are an established and expanding team with an impressive track record and proud history. We bring sophisticated investment tools to the Western Canadian market and build award-winning developments. For more than three decades, we have followed a simple strategy: buy well and add value through proactively investing, developing and managing commercial and residential projects. Our company is driven by five Core Values: Ambition, Diligence, Creativity, Relationships and Community, and the people we hire should be completely aligned with these values. As underlined by our values, we set high expectations for ourselves and for our people; all staff are expected to know, understand and deliver on our standards.
The Candidate and Responsibilities.
The Administrative and Personal Assistant position is based out of Vancouver.
Applicants for this position will be self- motivated individuals with a high degree of initiative and will possess strong interpersonal skills, be attentive to detail, and able to build trusting relationships.
The candidate will report directly to the Executive Assistant and provide support for all Partners.
The Administrative and Personal Assistant will be active in the following primary responsibilities both in an individual and team setting:
- Partner Calendar Management back-up and support
- Assisting with Partner travel arrangements, including the creation of draft itineraries, and travel options research
- General administrative duties such as photocopying, mailing, document management, and meeting preparation for Partners
- Meeting management for Partners, including communication with meeting chairs to ensure agendas and corresponding materials are created and provided to PartnersKeep the Partners on time for every meeting, providing time checks as required; managing guest flow
- Updating agendas, EA department trackers and departmental tools
- Assist with employee recognition and engagement tools and tracking
- Taking meeting minutes and notes as required
- Updating business contact spreadsheets
- Ensure the Partner office is kept clean, tidy, and organized
- Covering Reception while administrative staff are away on vacation, sick, or as needed
- Assisting the ADM/OPS team with ad hoc duties as required
- Monthly expense reporting for Partners
- Credit card reconciliation for Partners
- Cheque reconciliation for Partners
- Organizing Partner receipts
- General assistance with event logistics as required
- Daily food and beverage runs
- Provide fresh water and tea for Partners throughout the day
- Ensure PAR office is kept clean i.e. empty shred bins weekly
- Order snacks and meals for meetings
- Book catering if required
- Schedule and confirm Partner appointments
- Personal assistance, planning and execution of family vacations, birthdays and anniversaries, book personal appointments
- Other responsibilities as required
The Candidate will also be someone who is completely aligned with Hungerford Properties' Core Values.
- At least 2 years of experience in supporting senior leaders
- Track record of dealing with confidential and sensitive situations with integrity, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Ability to manage confidential, personal, and sensitive information
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Ability to display a high level of professionalism at all times and possess the ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy and completeness
- Self-motivated and possesses a high level of professionalism
- Strong computer skills including MS Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills articulate with strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail